TRAINING AND PLACEMENT CELL
The Placement Cell of Prin. K. M. Kundnani College of Pharmacy, as an ambassador of the college to the corporate world, strives towards assisting the students in a better future by inviting the top pharmaceutical and allied companies for campus recruitments. The Placement In-charges, Dr. Archana Gurjar, and Dr. Shrikant Ghodse work in unison to ensure that students get Placements, Internships, and Article ships of their choice and also that each company finds an ideal candidate with the sole motto of Linking Campus to Careers.
Over the years, the Cell had the privilege of associating with a wide array of top-notch companies such as Cipla, Glenmark, Pfizer, Sun Pharma, Macleods, Astra Zeneca, IQVIA, TCS, Cognizant, Spellbound, Medlife, Reliance General Insurance, Piramal, Zydus, Citius Tech, Sydler, Cordlife, ICICI Prudential and many more.
PROCESS OF PLACEMENTS
The Training & Placement Cell, KMKCP facilitates the process of placement of students graduating from the Institute besides collaborating with leading organizations and institutes in setting up internship and training programmes for the students. The Cell communicates with various industrial establishments, healthcare/wellness centers, and corporate houses, etc., which conduct campus interviews and select graduate and post-graduate students from all disciplines. The Training & Placement Cell provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics. The TP Cell interacts with many industries and various pharmaceutical and allied companies visit the campus for campus interviews. The placement season runs throughout the course of the year commencing from September continuing till March. Pre-Placement Talks are also conducted in this regard as per mutual convenience. Job offers, dates of interviews, selection of candidates etc. are announced through the Training & Placement Cell. The Placement Office is assisted by a committee comprising representatives of students from the undergraduate and post-graduate courses. The committee evolves a broad policy framework every year besides a set of rules which are inviolable. Student members are closely co-opted in implementing these policy decisions.
Facilities at Training Placement Cell
The Training and Placement Cell located on the Sixth floor in KMKCP is well equipped and designed for the smooth conduct of the entire placement process. Arrangements for pre-placement talks, group discussions, and interviews are handled by the Placement Cell faculty. We are equipped with the following facilities to aid the process:
· Well-furnished Two rooms for interviews and group discussions.
· Fully computerized information technology Centre with internet connectivity. The IT Centre can accommodate 25 students.
· A Seminar Hall to conduct pre-placement talks and tests with a seating capacity of 250 students. It is equipped with projection and internet facility through WiFi mode and fully air-conditioned.
· Student placement volunteers to assist on the day of visit and through the selection process.
· The company provides the Job Description which serves as an introduction of the job profile for the benefit of the candidates and also informs them of the company’s requirements.
· The relevant content of the Job Description is electronically broadcasted to all the students along with the other additional information furnished by the company.
· The company can ask for the resumes of interested students and has the liberty to shortlist them before the beginning of the placement process.
· The companies are allotted dates for conducting Pre-Placement Talk (PPT)/Written Test/Online Test, with a request to confirm the same by a specified date.
· TPC advises the companies to conduct the PPT before the recruitment process for the final placement commences. This provides ample time to the students for making a decision to opt for the company. Early conduct of Written/Online tests may facilitate the company in earning an early date for final placement.
· In case the company finds it inconvenient to visit the campus twice for going through its complete selection process, it can be accommodated to carry out the entire selection process, including PPT, during final placement day on a mutually agreeable date.
· The list of shortlisted students for the final placement process is to be mailed to the TPC by the company prior to their visit.
· It is possible that a student shortlisted by a company might have earned a job prior to the company’s scheduled date for the final placement process. TPC will provide a comprehensive list of such students to the company before its scheduled slot. Because of the non-availability of such already selected candidates, the company is advised to maintain an extended list of shortlisted candidates, who can then be made eligible for the final placement process.
· The final selection is not to be disclosed to the students directly. The results are to be submitted to the TPC by the end of the procedure.
· The company is required to send offer letters to TPC, who will then hand it over to the concerned students. Such letters are expected to reach the Cell before the end of every academic year.
The following parameters should be clearly indicated: –
· Job profile, location, and growth prospects
· CTC being offered by the company (CTC and Take-Home)
· Past record of recruitment
· Conduct of Pre-Placement Talks, Written Test/Online Test, GD before final placement.
· Feedback from the students/alumni regarding the company
· Internship offered. The company if interested can conduct selections for summer internships during their visit. The Students of B. Pharm/M. Pharm shall be available from JULY ONWARDS for hiring or for an internship.
|Placement co-ordinator’s||Email ID||Contact NOs|
|1) Dr. (Mrs.) Archana Gurjar|
2) Dr. Shrikant M. Ghodse
Placement brouchure_B. Pharm (Click here)